Table of Contents
NEC Merit Scholarship Details
The total no. of scholarships available is 1600
Official Authorities: North Eastern Council, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, and the Government of India, Shillong.
Email id: email@example.com
Helpline number: 0120 – 6619540
Eligibility Criteria for NEC Merit Scholarship
- The scholarship is available only for those students, who is a permanent resident in any NE State.
- Once selected, the scholarship shall be available to a selected student for the prescribed duration of a course subject to fulfillment of renewal conditions. Extension of scholarship beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained.
- At the time of availing of the scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be admissible to the students whose parent/guardian’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs 8.0 lakh. The income certificate issued by the competent authority shall be furnished by the candidate.
HSLC/ HSSLC/ Secondary School Leaving/ Senior Secondary Leaving certificate examination from a recognized State/Central board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
Qualifying examination: HSSLC/ Senior Secondary Leaving certificate examination from a recognized State/Central board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
3) Post Graduate
Qualifying examination: Degree level examination in any discipline (BA/BSc/BE/B Tech/MBBS/LLB/BCA/BBA etc. of any recognized Institute/ University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
Qualifying examination: PG degree from any recognized University with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
This Scholarship shall be admissible to students who get admission in Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate or registration in M.Phil. / Ph.D. courses of any institute recognized by the Government. The grant of scholarship for M.Phil and Ph.D. would be after the registration of the students with the University. The Scholarship will not be available for an internship or any practical training.
Selection Process of NEC Merit Scholarship
- The scholarship is purely on a merit basis. The merit list will be prepared exclusively on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying exams and complying with the level-of-course-wise slots allotted to the states.
- The merit lists will be drawn from among finally verified applications as per the scheme guidelines and after following the laid down procedure on the NSP.
- Selection of students for M. Phil and Ph. D. will be done on the basis of the topic of research/Synopsis which has relevance to the problems/issues related to the NE Region. The Subjects/topics for M.Phil and Ph.D. should invariably be directly, specifically, and currently relevant to NE Region. Basic and theoretical research shall not be favored in general.
Number of scholarships available under the NEC Merit Scholarship
1.Arunachal Pradesh: 209 [Diploma: 20, Degree: 130, PG Degree: 52, M.Phil / PhD: 7 ]
2. Assam: 320 [Diploma: 30, Degree: 200, PG Degree: 80, M.Phil / PhD: 10 ]
3. Manipur: 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6 ]
4. Meghalaya: 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6 ]
5. Mizoram: 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6 ]
6. Nagaland: 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6 ]
7. Sikkim: 111 [Diploma: 10, Degree: 70, PG Degree: 28, M.Phil / PhD: 3]
8. Tripura: 192 [Diploma: 18, Degree: 120, PG Degree: 48, M.Phil / PhD: 6 ]
NEC Merit Scholarship Amount
Level of Study Scholarship amount for fresh and renewal cases.
- Diploma 20,000/- p.a.
- Degree 22,000/- p.a.
- Post Graduate 25,000/- p.a.
- M. Phil./Ph D 30,000/- p.a.
Documents to submitted for NEC Merit Scholarship Application
The applicant may be asked to upload a scanned copy of these documents as per requirement or extant rules /guidelines.
1.Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) issued by the Dy. Commissioner /Addl. Dy. Commissioners/ Sub-divisional officer of civil sub-divisions in NE States; except Sikkim where Certificate of Identification (COI) issued by the respective Deputy Commissioner in the Govt. of Sikkim to its Permanent residents. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. (Mandatory)
2. Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority (Mandatory)
3. Bank Account Pass Book – Account must be in the name of applicant (Optional)
4. Details of qualifying examination (Mandatory)
5. Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) or any official authorized by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates (Mandatory).
6. Any other document as may be required under NSP guidelines.
Important Web-Links of NEC Merit Scholarship
|Online Application Form||Fresh | Renewal|
|Official Notification||Guideline | FAQ|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Important Dates of NEC Merit Scholarship 2022
- Starting date of online application submission: Not Mentioned
- Last date of online application submission: 30th October, 2022
- Last date of Defective Verification: 15th November, 2022
- Last date of Institute Verification: 15th November, 2022
Thank you for reading this Notification. In case you have any queries, fee free to ask in the comments sections down below.