Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022
The last date to Apply is – 18th Dec 2022.
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation has officially released the notification of the (LIC) Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme for the year 2022. LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme is a scholarship for those students belonging to economically weaker families so as to provide them with better opportunities for higher education.
Interested and eligible candidates may apply online from here.
Table of Contents
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022 All Details
Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment corporation owned by the Government of India. LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation was established on 20.10.2006 as a part of LIC’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
The objectives of the LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation are promoting education, health, relief of poverty or distress, and advancement of other objects of general public utility.
The Foundation has supported projects ranging from the construction of Hospitals, School buildings, and classrooms, libraries, computer centers, Old age homes, Hostel buildings for children in tribal areas, Vocational training centers for differently-abled persons to provide infrastructural facilities to needy persons in different pockets of the country.
Amount to be distributed among the Scholars
Regular Scholar: An amount of Rs.20,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three installments.
Special Girl Child Scholar: An amount of Rs.10,000/ per annum will be awarded to the selected Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 Course and the scholarship shall be payable in three installments.
Mode of Payment: The Scholarship amount will be transferred to the Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case, the candidate is selected for the scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and a copy of the canceled cheque with the name of the beneficiary are compulsory.
Eligibility Criteria for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2022
Note: The Regular scholarship should strictly be provided only to students who are going for under-graduation (or its equivalent). This scholarship is not meant for post-graduation studies.
- All candidates who have passed the Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-2022 and whose parents/guardians have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum.
The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- All candidates who have passed the Class XII exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-2022 and whose parents/guardians have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges /Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
Special Girl Child Scholar:
- To encourage education for a girl child, a Special scholarship for a Girl Child after class 10 for pursuing higher studies in 10 + 2 pattern for two years.
The candidate who has passed the Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardians have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum.
The grant is provided to girl students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the 10 + 2 pattern.
Terms & Conditions of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme is subject to the following conditions:
1. Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
2. Relaxations in an upper limit of annual income criteria from the present Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs.4 lakhs shall be granted only in cases where a woman (widow/single mother/unmarried) is the sole bread earner of the family.
3. Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family backgrounds such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. The final Selection of candidates shall be done on merit based on the list of candidates eligible for selection in the descending order of marks obtained.
4. In case of a tie in the percentage of marks, students whose parents is having the lowest income shall be given preference.
5. Candidates who gain lateral entry in 2nd Year Engineering Degree courses or take regular admission in the 1 st Year of Engineering Degree courses after completing the Diploma shall be eligible for GJF Scholarship provided they have passed the Diploma with 60% in the immediately preceding academic year.
6. Candidates who change their stream after getting selected for a Scholarship and the course duration is greater than the stream for which the student is selected, such students will continue to receive the scholarship only for the duration for which they were originally selected.
However, if the candidate switches to a stream with a lesser duration, then the scholarship will be payable for the duration of the stream with a lesser duration.
7. Candidates who are pursuing courses under any stream through Correspondence or Part Time (Evening or Night Classes) / private candidates shall not be eligible for a Scholarship.
8. Candidates desirous of pursuing a Diploma course in any stream after Class X will be allowed scholarships under the ‘Special Girl Scholar’ or ‘Regular Scholar’ category.
9. Candidates passing Class XII (vocational) and pursuing studies in any stream as approved under the Scholarship Scheme 2022 will be considered for the scholarship.
10. The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which the scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
11. Candidates selected under the category ‘Special Girl Child’ should secure 50% marks in 11 standards to become eligible for a renewal scholarship.
12. Scholarship will not be given to more than one student in a family.
13. The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
14. Income certificate should be on a self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from an employer for employed parents supported by documents (from the revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
15. If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or canceled.
16. If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
17. Out of the shortlisted candidates, Twenty (20) students will be selected under Regular Scholarship Scheme and ten (10) under the Girl Child Scholarship Scheme depending upon merit and eligibility by the Divisional Office for the grant of scholarships.
Important Web-Links of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
|Online Application Form||Click Here|
|Other Scholarships||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Important Dates of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2022
- Starting date of submission of online application: 26.11.2022
- Last date of submission of online application: 18.12.2022
Thank you for reading this vacancy notification, In case you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section down below.